Wayuu Mochila Bag Pink Blue Black Pattern - ColombiaGlobal Handmade Hope - Glory Projects
This wayuu mochilla bag is handmade in Colombia where the artisans weave traditional patterns into the body of the bags.
- Bags are woven in circular shape
- Dimensions: 10" diameter x 10" high
- Drawstring closure with large tassels at each end
- Strap: 3" wide x 42" long
- A fair trade product from Colombia
The Wayuu tribeswomen of Colombia hand-weave these cotton bags one at a time, each bag taking up to a month to complete. Weaving is a symbol of wisdom and creativity among wayuu women. Each weaver imparts her own personal style into her work, so no two bags are ever alike.