Red and Black Long Melon Seed with Red Accent Bead - Necklace and Earring Set - ColombiaGlobal Handmade Hope - Glory Projects
Rich black and red dried melon seeds have been hand woven onto a black cord with a red bombona seed accent. The slip-knot closure allows for length to be adjusted slightly. Earrings match necklace with large cluster of seeds.
- Dried and dyed watermelon and acai seeds
- Adjustable slip-knot closure
- Fully extended necklace dimension: approx. 17" long
- Earring Dimension: approximately 1.12" long
- A fair trade product from Colombia
Handmade by a cooperative of women in Colombia working together to sustainably harvest, dry and hand-color indigenous seeds to create unique jewelry. Their inspiration comes from their colorful cultural traditions and teachings of finding beauty in Mother Nature's abundant gifts. Their desire is to teach the children to incorporate these ideas into building a strong economic and community-based future for themselves.