Red Long Melon Seed Necklace and Earring Set with Red Accent - ColombiaGlobal Handmade Hope - Glory Projects
Features brightly colored red and cream dried melon seeds hand-woven onto a red cord, with a red bombona seed accent . Slip-knot closure allows for length to be adjusted slightly. Earrings match necklace with large cluster of seeds.
- Dried and dyed watermelon and acai seeds
- Adjustable slip-knot closure
- Fully extended necklace dimension: approx. 17" long
- Earring Dimension: approximately 1.12" long
- A fair trade product from Colombia
Handmade by a cooperative of women in Colombia working together to sustainably harvest, dry and hand-color indigenous seeds to create unique jewelry. Their inspiration comes from their colorful cultural traditions and teachings of finding beauty in Mother Nature's abundant gifts. Their desire is to teach the children to incorporate these ideals with building a strong economic and community-based future for themselves.