Rwandan Sisal Round Tabletop Basket - Ivory, Black and Terra Cotta - Rwandatrading for treasures
Rwandan baskets are handwoven using natural fibers, such as sisal, raffia, banana and papaya leaves.
- Color: Brown, ivory and terra cotta
- Materials: Sisal leaves and natural fibers
- Dimensions: 15" in diameter x 3" high
- Sustainable, natural materials
- This is a fair trade product fromåÊRwanda
These baskets have been a part of the Rwandan culture for thousands of years, but it was only after the genocide of 1994 that they became a source of income for many families.åÊThe proceeds aid in providing health care, schooling, and consoling for the community.åÊEach basket is unique and represents the hopes of many women and their families.